Free stuff? Yes please, DStv Rewards!
You’re a TV star – now let DStv say thank you for being a friend with our Rewards programme
Want something for mahala? Surprise! As a DStv subscriber, you are already earning Rewards just by being entertained – it’s our way of saying thank you for enjoying DStv. Visit the DStv Rewards page to find out what you can already claim with your totally free Rewards Stars, and how you can collect more. If you love getting food delivered but hate paying those delivery fees, for example, DStv could be ready to pay all your Uber Eats delivery fees, right now…
Your lucky Stars
DStv’s Rewards loyalty programme awards Stars based on things you were doing anyway, including…
- How you subscribe: for example, taking out a contract earns you 20 Stars, while paying via debit order earns you 5 Stars.
- Which package you're on: from 3 Stars for EasyView, all the way to 15 Stars for DStv Premium account holders.
- How long you’ve been a DStv customer: 0-5 years for 3 Stars, while if you’ve been with DStv for 20+ years, you automatically get 20 Stars.
- The services you’re using, which can add more Stars: like Showmax (5 Stars if you’ve streamed anything on Showmax in the past 3 months), DStv Box Office (5 Stars if you’ve rented any movie on Box Office in the past 3 months) DStv Now (5 Stars if you’ve viewed on any show on DStv Now in the past 3 months).
- Even staying connected for 3 months earns you 10 Stars. Go, you!
There are 4 Star levels: Starter (0-30 Stars), Rising Star (31-60 Stars), Super Star (61-90 Stars) and Legend (91+ Stars). The more Stars you gather, the higher your Rewards level becomes, and the more offers you become eligible for.
Your Stars make you eligible for free DStv and DStv-affiliated Rewards that’ll help you enjoy your time in front of the TV even more. This includes: “rent 1, get 1 free” movie credits on DStv Box Office, Unlimited Free Delivery on Uber Eats, Uber Eats food vouchers, and installation vouchers to cover tech help. There will also be special birthday Rewards, offers on Showmax, free package upgrades and discounts on movies.
Claim your Rewards now
Check up on your Star level and Rewards by signing in to the dstv.co.za website and selecting Opt In for Rewards (at absolutely no cost). You’ll be asked to state some simple preferences, like favourite genre and channel, and then be taken through to the Rewards page that will reveal how many Stars you have, and which special offers you can already claim, and how you can earn more Stars. The more Stars you have, the fancier the Rewards on offer.
Some Rewards are ongoing discounts and offers that’ll be yours every month for as long as you’re an active subscriber at that Star level. And DStv will also bring in new Rewards as we bring new partners on board.
Aside from earning Stars through signing on for further DStv services, Rewards members can check in on the site’s Challenges and Competitions pages to take advantage of all the offers available on DStv.co.za. Once you have opted into Rewards, DStv will also alert you to new offers, challenges, competitions and Rewards via email, SMS or notifications via the DStv app.
So, quick question…
- What if I pause my DStv for a month? Once you’re back, you can start earning new Rewards. But because your Star level and Rewards are affected by things like how long you’ve been an active DStv subscriber, this will impact your Rewards and Star level.
- Are there tax implications? Whew, no.
- Who is eligible for the Rewards programme? South African residential subscribers over the age of 18.
- Can I give my Rewards to someone else? They’re yours alone.
- I don’t want this! This is an opt-in only programme, and if you decide later that you no longer want to participate, you can opt out via the DStv.co.za website, no worries.
- Who do I contact to ask about the Rewards programme? Email email@example.com, or reach out to the social team on Twitter and Facebook. And check out the website for more details.