Turn your TV into a DStv hub
DStv has several lean-back apps that make it possible for you to watch DStv on your smart TV (an Internet-connected TV) without the need for a decoder. The DStv Now apps are available for the following devices:
- Samsung smart TVs (selected models from 2015 onwards)
- Hisense smart TVs (selected models from 2018 onwards)
- LG smart TVs (models running webOS 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0)
How to install the new DStv Now app for your smart TV
- Connect your smart TV to the internet using ethernet cable or Wi-Fi
- Go to the App Store on your TV, search for “DStv Now”, and install the app
- Once installed, the app will display a code on your TV screen
- On a laptop/desktop, go to now.dstv.com and sign in
- Once signed in, go to now.dstv.com/tv and enter the code displayed on the TV, then click on the “Sign in on TV” button
- The app will now be live on the TV
What is DStv Now?
It’s the online version of DStv. If you can’t be at home to watch your favourite shows via your decoder, visit now.dstv.com and watch DStv on your laptop, tablet or phone. It’s no extra cost to all DStv subscribers (just remember to keep an eye on your data).
How many people can watch DStv Now at the same time?
With DStv Now, it’s possible to watch two different streams on separate devices at the same time. This means a single account can be used to watch TV via a decoder in the lounge, a movie on a tablet in the bedroom via DStv Now, and sport on another smart TV using DStv Now. It’s also a great way for kids who are away from home to get the most from the family’s DStv subscription!
There are DStv Now apps available for the following devices as well:
- Xbox gaming consoles (Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X)
- Apple TV (4th generation and newer)
- Media players running Android TV (Google-certified devices only)