- 150 ml whole wheat flour
- 50 ml oat bran
- 100 ml self-raising flour
- 5 ml baking powder
- 1 ml rosemary and garlic seasoning
- 60 g low fat grated cheddar cheese
- 10 ml chopped chives
- 30 g thinly sliced biltong (use lean biltong)
- 20 g chopped droëwors (lean option)
- 1 egg
- 200 ml buttermilk OR amasi
- 60 ml sunflower oil
- 60 ml crumbled feta cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
Mix the whole wheat flour, oat bran, self-raising flour, baking powder, rosemary and garlic seasoning, grated cheddar cheese and chives together with a whisk.
Mix well and then add the biltong and droëwors.
Beat the egg, buttermilk and sunflower oil together. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix very gently - do not over mix the batter.
Spoon the batter into 6 lined muffin cups. Sprinkle the crumbled
feta cheese over.
Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes until cooked and golden brown.
Recipe: Christine Capendale
Images: Anita Reed/Disney Channel